Registration opens January, 1, 2013 and closes January 31, 2013. Registration form and signed permission form must be received by Jan. 31 to participate.
- All participants must be current high school students in grades 9 -12.
- All participants must be residents of the 50 US states or District of Columbia, or US citizens with a permanent address in the United States.
- Each participant must submit a completed Individual Registration form.
- Each participant must submit a Parent/Guardian Permission Form and Academic Integrity Pledge that is signed and dated by both parent and student.
- Both forms must be received by Jan. 31 to qualify as a participant.
- Jan. 01, 2013 Registration Opens
- Jan. 31, 2013 Registration Closes
- Feb. 1 - Feb. 24 Round 1: Science
- Feb. 25 - Mar. 17 Round 2: Mathematics
- Mar. 18 - Apr. 7 Round 3: Art
- Apr. 8 - Apr. 28 Round 4: Engineering
- Apr. 29 - Jun. 2 Round 5: Technology
- Jun. 30, 2013 Announcement of winners
- All participants must comply with the Academic Integrity Pledge.
- All items submitted for judging must include the Student's ID Code, but otherwise must be free of any form of identifiable information.
- All submissions must be the student's original work and may not contain material that violates another's rights to privacy, copyright, trademark, patent, or intellectual property.
- Students must keep original copies of all their work.
- No correspondence, rules, or materials of any kind related to the contest may be distributed, posted, or displayed in any physical or electronic format except by the Contest Administrators.
- All students agree to grant use of their work as Share Alike By Attribution for Noncommercial purposes under Creative Commons licensing (CC BY-NC-SA).
- Students may not collaborate with anyone to create their submissions. Collaboration includes any activity that would give a student an unfair advantage over any other participant.
- The Contest Administrator will post the judging rubrics at the beginning of each round of the STEM Modeling Challenge for each aspect of the contest.
- The Contest Administrator will ensure that all submissions are free of anything that would identify the participant during judging.
- Decisions of the judges and the Contest Administrator will be final.